funny things teachers say

Male math teacher in 6th grade, Halloween… Girl comes in as a hillbilly with a buttflap on her pants. Dedicated to your stories and ideas. All rights reserved. I had a water bottle with a tea packet in it when a student asked me if it was beer. It’s a lot of responsibility without much of a payoff, unless you’re a superb human being who just enjoys doing the right thing and “making a difference,” or whatever. I once made the comment in class that if your parents have glasses, then you will probably end up having to get glasses, too. Nearly everyone in her family is a teacher. 25 FUN FAMILY NIGHT IDEAS! Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. 6 Armstrong Road | Suite 301 | Shelton, CT | 06484, Chances are you have repeated these phrases more times than you can count (or would like to remember). Login . —@outbackmumoftwo, “Please don’t put gum on the legos.” —@mdecka2, “You can’t use glue as chapstick.” —@abels.mama. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. '", "I asked my 4th graders to name some of the things that come from farms, and one of my students said, 'Hamburgers.' He surveys the class, sits down at his desk and tells us, “Gentlemen, it’s always the bitch’s fault.”. She took off anyway, screaming, 'IT'S MY WAR PAINT! “I don’t know my ancestors because I’m only 8, but when you were alive during the Pilgrim time did YOU know my ancestors?” —Sarah E. 8. Teacher turned red after realizing what he had just said. “The battle of the bulge was a hard fought battle. One of those shake your head, “I can’t believe I said that out loud” moments. ", "I'm a band teacher, and one day I gave my students blank sheet music for them to start mapping out some basic compositions. By subscribing, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Statement. All rights reserved. Search, watch, and cook every single Tasty recipe and video ever - all in one place! She told the class, “I’m a MILF! "I wore a Captain America shirt to school for 'Super Hero Day,' and one of my students said I looked … One of my favorite students piped up and asked, 'Are we talking about your proof or how you've chosen to live your life? I said, “Whew! It turns out that nothing we teach is going to be as interesting as Justin Beiber, a group text, or weekend plans. "Your shirt smells like a grandma, but your armpits smell like a Chuck E. The next day we had all forgot about it and then he starts off the class by bringing it up in order to apologize to her and just ends up reminding us about it all over again. Once in my Physics class, the male teacher’s phone goes off with a very girly pop ringtone. Just scratching away while talking to the class. Come and share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook. Julie Mason is a Senior Editor at WeAreTeachers. He burst into tears and said, “When I grow up and become a man, I’m going to buy stickers and I’m not going to give you any.” —Nicole B. These are positively delightful. These funny teacher quotes might surprise you in the best way possible. One of my students yelled out, “Oh no! One girl responded, “This subject is just so dry.” The professor responded, “Well how can I make it moist?”. For the pretty ones: you don’t need it. What were you thinking?”. 50 Strange Things Teachers Say Ideas, Inspiration, and Giveaways for Teachers. The teacher was suspended without pay later that week, 9 Toxic Traits It’s Time To Release From Your Life, 50+ Encouraging Muhammed Ali Quotes on Life, Friendship, and Boxing, 60+ Witty Mae West Quotes On Men, Sex, and Love, Chris Watts Doesn’t Like How He Was Portrayed In ‘American Murder: The Family Next Door’, The Simple Days Of Youth Are Over, But That’s Okay. We have tried every hack, tip, and trick, yet every class we find ourselves asking this question again and again. The bulge. “You smell like Las Vegas.” —Carrie N. 23. Got more things teachers say? ", "One of my students asked me when the world stopped being in black and white and changed to color. Classroom Coding & Robotics … Everything You Need to Get Started, Protected: Classroom Talk-to-Text Project, 5 Ways Reading Great Books Helps Students Conquer Standardized Tests, Join the WeAreTeachers Influencer Network. “You have really good breath.” —Terri P. 21. 25 FUN FAMILY NIGHT IDEAS! Obsessed with travel? He jokingly stated, “If you take your grandmother with you I’ll give you extra credit”. Our teacher walks in just then and says, “Boys, have your orgasms in your own time.”, Not to me, but I had a government teacher who would sexually harass most of the girls in my class. He replied, 'Hamburgers come from hamburger farms, Miss. Teaching is nothing like a typical job and things teachers say in complete seriousness, actually turn out to be a little funny, if not downright hilarious. And let’s admit it, some of the funny things kids say really amuse us. He had an erection. Teacher here. He was 16. “You aren’t mean like some of kids say, you’re just loud!” —Mary D. 18. ", "One of my 7th graders asked me where babies come from, and another student replied, 'Well, when a Mommy and Daddy love each other very much...they get a bottle of scotch and a cheap motel room. —@brittany_brethauer, “Don’t drink from the urinal.” —@lward2226, “We don’t pee in the garbage can.” —@kerilacy, “Do not eat popcorn in the bathroom.” —@jarnpirate2011, “You cannot sharpen your finger.” —@melissa.malicious, “Why did you sharpen your finger?” —@reiskybusiness, “That was rude of her to fart on your pencil. While we can’t give you a nickel for every time you have to say them, know that you aren’t alone in trying to solve the greatest teacher mystery of all: why can’t the kids just read the directions? Learn more about working with Thought Catalog. We recently asked our teachers on Facebook to share some of the most funny and outrageous things that students have said to them. “The battle of the bulge was a hard fought battle. Did you use an ‘I message’ with her? '", "On Fridays, preschoolers and kindergarteners get their faces painted in the afternoon. This one. Oh wait…I’m adopted!” —Michelle C. 6. If you have a good strategy for this one, please let me know. From “Ignore the dead scorpion on the floor” to “Don’t put the owl pellet near your mouth,” teachers say some unusual things. Here are a few things that our Instagram readers found themselves saying at school that were…a little unexpected. Something I said during student teaching that was highly inappropriate… A kid came in singing “Ring of Fire,” but using the lyrics “it burns, burns, burns, the gonorrhea!” My response: “[kids name], gonorrhea Is nothing to clap about!” Never have I seen a group of 16-year-old inner city school kids laugh so hard. Share this article via facebook Share this article via … This Teacher Has Made A List Of All The Funny Things Kids Say When Their Parents Aren’t There Curious and innocent, kids often ask and say some of the craziest things. “Did you put white highlights in your hair? We know that building on students’ thinking is a best practice, and that’s why we ask this question all day long. Classroom Coding & Robotics … Everything You Need to Get Started, Protected: Classroom Talk-to-Text Project, No One is the Same: Supporting Students’ Mental Health as We Return to School, 3 Things Teachers Must Have as Districts Plan a Return to School, Join the WeAreTeachers Influencer Network. I wonder what the record is for the number of times a student sharpened a pencil during class. It happens when your kids are super chatty and you can’t get a word in, let alone any instruction. Minerals are fun! These are positively delightful. Stacy Tornio is a senior editor with WeAreTeachers. Cheese. !” {urinal.} So later, I looked it up and informed him that his birthday was actually November 17th. He said his kid yells at people in traffic, too!". Not exactly a comment that a teacher made, but one of the support teachers at my school told me and my friend that if we looked at the sky and pretended to shake salt into our mouth that we could actually taste it. This one is the worst. 6 Armstrong Road | Suite 301 | Shelton, CT | 06484. Not your finest moment, but better luck next time. We learned about anatomy in earth science! I joked, 'Time for you to get a watch,' and he — without a moment's hesitation — responded, 'Time for you to get a new joke.' Am I missing something? “I used to write my name in cursive. "I was teaching my first graders about comparing and contrasting, and one of my students said, 'You … Obsessed with travel? Five minutes before the end of class, every head turns to look at the clock. Teachers say the craziest things sometimes. In the changing rooms for PE, a guy in my class gets tickled by his friend and he screams out. The doctor said they are just for reading.” —Debra D. 2. Class goes dead silent, then everyone burst out laughing. You never know what will come out of their mouths! The teachers of Reddit have recently been asked, "What are some of the dumbest things your students have ever said?" 'I'm from Europe — it's different for us. ", "His dad thought it was hilarious when I told him. First day of class he’s laying down the rules. I tried to appeal to his scientific side by telling him about a study about how clutter affects the brain. Then, another. If only we got a response instead of an eye roll or the deer-in-the-headlights stare. I didn’t know what it was so I asked, and the student replied, “Idiot.” —Lana G. 5. This is hard work!” One of my girls said, “Yeah, you might need to go get an adult.”, I remember once in my seventh grade science class, we were studying fossils, and one kid said, “they look like burnt chicken McNuggets!”, Copyright © 2020. I didn’t give a 5-year-old a sticker because he hadn’t earned it. ", "I teach elementary band, and once we were preparing for a playing test when one student said, 'Man, I need to practice.' Plus, the most surprising things teachers say. Nothing is more important than showing our kids that we care. '", "Once I was asking my students when their birthdays were, and one boy said that his birthday was September 31st. Now I just write it in English.” —Monty P. 11. I told him no, and he replied, “Well you should because my dad says it takes the edge off.” —Shanna R. 16. “Ms. Scroll through our list of the funniest teacher memes and see for yourself. California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. Enjoy! I taught English, and I considered tattooing this on my forehead … or at least printing it on a tee-shirt that I never take off. His response? Five? She stopped her lecture, turned to me and said: “There are two things you could be doing with your hands underneath the table like that and neither one is appropriate for my class.” The class exploded.

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma, 4 Rifle Case, T-pain House, Piedmont Natural Gas, How To Preserve A 5 Leaf Clover, Civil War Flag For Sale, The Mindful Athlete Barnes And Noble, Learning Leadership Skills, Centrelink App For Windows 10,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *