mongolia travel experience

We got gas from a man standing in the middle of nowhere who had a big oil drum. Stay up to date with my travel adventures and get the best travel tips in your mailbox! What are the things to experience in Mongolia? How to make do with the things provided by nature. I got to see and experience the isolation of the Gobi Desert in all its beauty and remoteness. Every single detail on the tour was fantastic and I highly recommend Travel All Mongolia." You’d think, it was a horrible experience and I wouldn’t advice anyone to get sick in the Gobi desert, but when I look back on it, I just feel really blessed to have experienced it. Pregnancy and parenting news, given to you in a way nobody else has. Although Ulaanbaatar is one of the most polluted capitals in the world, it is worth to stay for a day or two and just walk around the streets. Our tour in Mongolia, covering 1,700 km (1,057 miles). They fired up the lights of all the trucks in the camp and the old man of the tribe, played his “morin khuur”, translated as a horse headed fiddle, an authentic instrument of Mongolia. Most of the big blocks of flats are ready but empty. To sum things up: It was the worst night of my life. Required fields are marked *. She's infatuated with Roman Ruins, Road Trips, and Railway Journeys and she's crackers about cheese! Next up: Staying Home. While the sun sett and the grass coloured a golden shade of orange, I rode my horse into the Mongolian sunset. I visited the Temple of Boddhisattva Avalokiteshvara at Gandantegchinlen Monastery, where I first encountered this peaceful religion. I knew it was a secluded country with harsh winters and hot summers. A truly unique experience to have in Mongolia is venturing out beyond the capital city of Ulaanbaatar and staying with a nomadic family in a traditional ger. When our tour group crossed the desert, we saw some black-tailed gazelles and we encountered many camels. I experienced first-hand what basic conditions actually mean. So we continued our journey across the Gobi Desert. I feel that those astonishing experiences hold the key to the beauty of the country therefor I share my experiences with you. One of the best and most unique travel experiences you can have there is riding a camel through the Gobi Desert. The complex is located just to the east of the capital city, Ulaanbaatar. I didn’t know anything about the religions in Mongolia. Were you able to go horse riding in Mongolia? What are your experiences with this amazing country? I managed to ride twice, one time on this lovely white little horse called Bor, which led me into a canyon, looking for eagles. The best way to experience the desert is to book through a tour company. I arranged the tour at home but we could book the same tour via out hostel in Ulaanbaatar. We stopped outside Ulaanbaatar at a supermarket to stock up on water and crackers, but we ate with the locals when we were on the road. As a storm was coming, my horse went into a steady gallop and I couldn’t stop laughing. Another time, I rode on the plains of Hustai National Park. I experienced 6 gorgeous sunsets and met some amazing people, who genuinely cared about my well-being. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. But when we were visiting Mongolian restaurants and local people in ger, those meal were.. quite interesting. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission. One of the things to experience in Mongolia is the desolate landscape. How cool you’ll go in the winter! Here Are The Best Future Travel Destinations For You, Love French Toast? Check this funny post from Longest bus rides about toilets in Mongolia. Mongolia Tourism: Tripadvisor has 34,140 reviews of Mongolia Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Mongolia resource. I was absolutely miserable but I felt very much alive. Mongolia is one of the largest land-locked countries in the world, tucked away between the giants Russia and China and not close from Kazakhstan. But that’s just to get the capital of Ulaanbaatar. During our stay in the Gobi desert, I stayed 2 nights in the ger camp with a local nomad family. We had 5 flat tires and had to stop for 3 more “emergency repairs” to the car. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel to Mongolia? It makes you value and appreciate the western comforts, which we take for granted every single day, even more. Learn more about Naomi by reading her full story, Elaborate guide on how to travel the Trans Mongolian Railway, Travel disappointment? Travel Blogger from the Netherlands. When you say Mongolia, you say horse riding. Experience the diversity in Religion. Spending time with a Nomadic Family. Along with the impressive statue, the complex also boasts a museum exhibiting artifacts from the Mongol Empire, a café, and a souvenir shop. And of course, I was more than ecstatic when I could take a shower and I got a hot stove inside my ger tent a few nights later. Vanessa is one of Valnet's contributing writers. Does Blackbeard's Treasure Actually Exist, Or Is It Just A Legend Seen Only In Movies? If you happen to be in Mongolia during midsummer, then attending the Naadam festival is a must. Read more: What is it like to be hospitalized in Mongolia? Our first stop was for a lunch break at a dingy shack along the road. We saw numerous valleys, mountains, lakes, streams and even some wild animals. Here Are The Secrets To Making A Restaurant-Quality Breakfast At Home, Clubbing In Berlin: How, Where And When To Visit The City's Most Iconic Clubs, Dark Secrets About Jamestown, America's First Colonial Settlement, 'Halloween' Wasn't Actually Filmed In Illinois, And Other Little Known Facts, Le Chateau Frontenac Has A Pool, And Here's How Else You Can Keep The Kids Entertained, Vintage Photos That Show How Much Disney Theme Parks Have Changed, Point Nemo Is The Most Inaccessible Place In The World And These Are The Theories About What Lives There, Cebu in The Philippines Is Home To So Many Incredible Experiences: Here's What Tourists Love To Do There. No other protection than 1 thin sheet covering only half of the hole. Mongolia has scarce amount of roads and many lay in and around Ulaanbaatar. A big pig was grubbing in the dirt and they invited us inside. Tap water coming from the faucet is such a privilege, a flushing toilet is such a luxury and a warm house to sleep in is a true blessing. The majority of tours run anywhere from six to 12 days and will show you the highlights of the area. We travelled over silky roads of sand, avoided streams of gravel and rocks, navigated across small grasslands and fields covered in tiny little flowers covering the whole spectrum of pastel colours. I never read blogs, but saw yours about train travel. When you click an affiliate link and purchase a product or service via the link,  I will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. It is a city with roughly 1,4 million people, almost 45% of the country’s population lives in this urban environment. Hey Keyla. Traveling to Mongolia is sure to be a once in a lifetime experience, full of adventures that simply can't be found anywhere else, such as these. Learn how your comment data is processed. It takes you 5 days on a train from Moscow and 3 days on a train from Beijing to get to Ulaanbaatar. The Gobi desert is on the top of my list of things to experience in Mongolia because after travelling over 1,700 km (1,057 miles), I still didn’t get bored from looking out of the window and see this vast country unfold its hidden beauty in front of my eyes. The rest of the country lies many days driving apart from each other. Check my post on 10 things to do in Mongolia in 2 weeks. The city  quickly expands because new roads and huge apartment buildings are built everywhere. The driver didn’t speak any English, but the tour guide spoke it well enough for us to understand each other. You walk around it 3 times, counter clockwise, and normally you add something to the cairn, like a rock or a soda can. The land changed colour every few miles, rocks turned from red, to pink, to orange, to yellow and back to red. What better way to explore Mongolia than with Road Trip to the Southern Gobi Desert? When residing with a nomadic family, you’ll be expected to live off the land as they do, which is a truly unforgettable experience and well worth the hospitality you’ll get in return. The temple itself was dark and only lit by hundreds of small candles, with the large statue of the Buddhist leader in the back. They were hardly visible strings of dirt between the patches of grass. During our 7 days inside the 4×4 we only had 1 mixed tape to listen to. Website for moms seeking advice, community, and entertainment. This is such a cool travel blog!

Jose Mujica Quotes, Rti Automation Training, How To Calculate Real Gdp Percentage Change, Safe Vault, Te Extraño Amor Frases, Outpost Illustration, Best Party Songs 2019,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *